Second Time Around

CB: Chaos Gurl's previous post regarding Convention vs. Fun in weddings has got me thinking a bit. As you may or may not know, I have been previously married, and that wedding ceremony was one of those "conventional" weddings with suits, the white dress and all that tradition that she mentions...

So where does that leave me? Does this previous wedding become the "wrong" kind of wedding, to be denounced as boring and uber conventional? Should I go out of my way to make our wedding different and unusual, just to turn my back on this past?

After a bit of thought, I don't think I need to worry. My previous wedding was "right" for the time, place and relationship I was in then - it suited us as a couple. We enjoyed planning everything together and had a fantastic day with our family and friends and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

But Chaos Gurl is a completely different person to my ex-wife, and by that alone, our wedding is going to have a character that suits us as a couple. I also know that I have a different outlook on life than I did back then – more outgoing, more adventurous and more confident – and this also will have an effect on our wedding.

I know that I don't want to revisit the past, or replace it with a newer, but almost identical, present. I want to experience new things, try different approaches to life and Chaos Gurl inspires me to do that every day. I have nothing to worry about.

1 comments:

  1. So I feel like I was a bit unsensitive to you in that post I posted. Conventional weddings can be fun! It's all about the friends and family. I have nothing against your wedding planning ways. They are not wrong nore right, just stuffy. :)