Convention vs. Fun


CG: I've never paid attention to weddings. They are odd, medieval-like affairs, with traditions that must be obeyed and families that must sit on their own designated sides. There is always a cake, there is always a ring bearer, there is always a white dress amongst black suits. I think people are getting the hang of getting away from this convention, but after scourging the internet, those people all seem to be in Australia. Maybe its that cool and laid back atmosphere that people just feel the need to put together something a little off track. And I'll get back to that...

The idea of an anti-wedding is appealing but the law says that we must go through the motions in order for my Cameron to stay in my country. Would we get married if the US Govt wasn't standing in our path? Maybe, maybe not, but we would be together anyway, and it would still be perfect.

So with this Blog, I plan to explore a bit more of this conventional vase that we find ourselves in and how we can crack through it but still keeping it in one piece.

0 comments: