New Hope in PDX

CG: I bought some art!!

I'm a sucker for original art. I just can't seem to resist and the shop I was in was just too cute to walk out with my arms empty. It's places like this that re-instate my faith in Portland's art community. When the winter gets you down, sometimes you need a boost of inspiration to realize that other people aren't just sitting around waiting for sun like you are. They are out making stuff happen and making awesome stuff.

Not that I sit around waiting for the sun all the time, but the rain does keep one indoors watching YouTube more often than not.

This place was a little nook of brilliance. The guy runs the shop out of his loft apartment with girlfriend and two adorable little kitties. There are murals and paintings everywhere and other arts of all mediums. While talking to him, I realized he was kinda a big deal. He's done shows, stencils, murals all over the world. I felt humbled in his presence.

I walked out with this set:




So check out Klutch's website at www.streetlevelpdx.com. I know summer will be a lot more fun with artists like him around organizing shows and collaborating cool people and ideas.

0 comments: