Why am I surrounded by idiots?

It's a familiar refrain often uttered by villains in James Bond films and the like... and today I know how they feel: the one normal person floating in a sea of incompetence. So I've been waiting for my Criminal Record Check results to come back for over three weeks now, and when an envelope from the NSW Police appeared in my letterbox today, I thought the last piece of the puzzle had fallen into place.

Sigh.

Not to be. Instead, the enclosed letter outlined that the Forensic Services Unit had my prints, but not my application form. Yet the Police Station had assured me that they had faxed my application through and that everything was okay... obviously it wasn't.

It's a problem that should be easily fixed... I can fax the application form and my receipt (proving I have paid the fee) through to the FSU tomorrow, but I'm still frustrated that something so superficially simple can turn out to be so dang hard!

0 comments: