The Seacliff Bridge

Seacliff
Seacliff
Originally uploaded by Senex Prime.

CB: With the growing realisation that I'm not going to be here in Oz for much longer, I've made a conscious effort to get out and see all those things that I've been meaning to look at for a while - before I'm not able to.

This thought is what dragged me out of bed at 5:00 in the morning on Sunday to go and see the remarkable Seacliff Bridge on the Illawarra Coast south of Sydney. This new bridge replaces the section of Lawrence Hargraves Drive between the towns of Coalcliff and Clifton, a short stretch of road that was under constant threat of rockfalls and landslides from the unstable cliff face above.

What followed was one of the most perfect mornings of photography I have ever had - a beautiful sunrise at Stanwell Tops, followed by glorious morning light at Coalcliff Pool and on the bridge itself. Five minutes after I crossed the bridge, the clouds closed in from the south and the rest of the day was very wet and grey. Well worth getting up early for! Check out more photos from the day on my photo stream on Flickr!

0 comments: