The First XI

Yesterday was a bit of a sad day for me: my last game for the Baulkham Hills Cricket Club before I move to the US. We played - and lost - our semi-final match against Erskine Park, bringing our season to an end. Since 1994, I have played over 130 matches with pretty much the same bunch of guys.... and they have become some of my greatest friends, even though cricket is pretty much all we have in common, with careers as diverse as accountant, greenkeeper, removalist, electrician and graphic designer! So here's a salute to the mighty Baulko B5s... it's been a pleasure, boys and maybe one day I'll be back to roll the arm over once more!

Back row: Dave Henry, Jeremy Billings, Darren Tipton (captain), Harry Izmirlian, Brett Stapleton, Brett McLaren
Front Row: Cameron Booth (vice-captain), Richard McInerney, Brian King, Andrew Murphy, Roger Deane

0 comments: