Easter + Ferrets = fun times

hey blog!

nice to see you again!

Portland is getting warm and I have reacted with allergies that continue to haunt my sinuses. No biggie though, Cam and I have had plenty of distractions with his new job and me thinking babysitting a co-workers ferret while she is away was a thrilling idea. All in all, we have had a fun filled week and I'm sad its at its end.

I am always complaining to Cam about wanting a pet. Unfortunately since we have signed a lease that says "no pets allowed" that rules out even owning a goldfish. People are always asking us when we would consider having kids. How can I even consider such an idea if I have never even owned a cat on my own for awhile? Having a ferret for a few days is a perfect starter pet. She was brought home after work in her own cage as my co-worker had to California for the weekend. Julie, as the ferret is named is a very young and charismatic ferret.

She immediately showed her cleverness as well by ignoring Cam and I's attentions by mapping out her territory. Starting at one corner, she headed her way around the entire perimeter of the room, being sure to go behind large items in order to stay close to the wall. Once that was established, she managed to master the stairs. As soon as she saw there were no other ways to get behind the closed doors we purposefully shut, she then saw us suitable to play with.

Ferrets are extremely active for about 5 hours total a day. The rest of the time, they sleep. We let her run around in the evening until she exhausts herself and curls up in an obscure place to sleep. In the meantime, she spends all the entire time finding places that we haven't thought of to escape through. I dub these places "holes to Narnia." If she was to find a hole under the cabinets that we hadn't known of, then we would have no track of her. The hole doesn't connect to anywhere that we have access to!

Anyway, Julie has been a super fun addition to our little domestic life and I'm sad I have to give her back tomorrow. Oh, and by the way, don't tell our landlord you know anything of Julie.....

Easter was put into full swing this year. Kim and I made a few eggs and Cam and I watched a bit of Moses on TV, because it just gets more entertaining everytime you watch it. Here are some eggy pics.

We went to Kevin's brother Joe's house for a luscious Easter brunch that felt more like Thanksgiving. Full of food and mimosas we spent a good part of the day lounging around and talking about nothing and everything while it poured rain outside. Spring does look a lot like winter....

0 comments: