Departure date confirmed

I booked my flights to Portland today! Having been completely unable to decipher the upgrade system on United Airlines' website, I finally resorted to calling their Customer Service phone number – oooo, how old fashioned! Unfortunately, all the seats on the Sydney to San Francisco leg of the trip were booked out for the 14th May - the date that Christine and I had decided upon - so I had to move everything one day later, to the 15th.

However, I have a confirmed upgrade to Business Class for the long haul flight, something for which my body sincerely thanks me. Then, for no apparent reason at all, United decided to upgrade me to First Class for the San Fran to Portland leg! I have to say that I wonder how much use First Class is on a two hour flight (especially one that doesn't do any food service), but it certainly will be fun finding out! And I'm certainly arriving in style!

0 comments: