One Year On

It's kind of hard to believe, but today marks one year since I arrived in the US to live. One year already! And in that time I've done so much:

1. Married my wonderful girl
2. Gone head to head with US Immigration (and emerged victorious... eventually!)
3. Found (some) work
4. Flown to the other side of the country and back (up to 10 states visited now!)
5. Gone on a road trip
6. Made great friends
7. Discovered that good beer does exist in America and most of it is in Portland!
8. Clocked up more than 1,500 miles (2,400km) on my bike

And that's only the tip of the iceberg! Things have been a little tough at times, but Christine and I have managed to muddle our way through it all together, and I can't say I've ever felt happier in my life. Every time things look grim, financially or otherwise, something will come along and rectify the situation; whether it's Christine winning a prize through work, my back pay from Vein finally coming through or whatever... life is good, and the weather is starting to get nicer, too! Roll on the next year!

0 comments: