I-485 Update

So I rang the USCIS again today to enquire about my I-485 (application for permanent residency) as it's been over 30 days since I mailed it off and I still haven't received even a receipt for it. The woman at the call center was very courteous, but told me that due to high demand for USCIS services in July, it is taking them up to 90 days to send out receipts. That's just an acknowledgement that they have received my forms, nothing more! It also means that I have an uncleared cheque for $395 looming over my bank account until they finally get around to my application, which I find more than a little annoying. Still, that's just the way it is, and there's not a lot I can do about it. I really am starting to think that one man and his monkey are processing applications at the Nebraska USCIS office, though...

0 comments: