Happy Creepy Birthday to me!!

I have had a couple of birthdays on Friday the 13th before but I had never really done anything with that novelty. This year had to be taken advantage of. Who knows how long it will be before my birthday falls on a Friday again?

Luckily, I had the day off so Cam and I were able to out to breakfast and prepare the house a bit for the bash. It was a small gathering but black streamers and fake ravens sitting here and there always add more effect.

Cam and I discovered much more about Portland, and we are talking about the important things here, like the costume shop and the party store. They are hidden deep within the industry district like a buried urban secret. We stocked up on face paint and christmas-like lights with skulls on them. Maybe no one would show up, but at least the flat would look like an awesome haunted house.

And for a bit more effect we hung up Cam's chest x-ray in the front window.


I was the ecstatic zombie party girl:


Cam and I were the only ones dressed as zombies and I suppose thats the way it is when you're celebrating being in your later 20's. It seems like there is a gap with this trend. You can be aged below double digits or you can be over 40 and people will come to your party dressed to theme.
But anyway!

Kim gave me a sweet espresso machine, which I have tested and need to learn it's particular ways, and Cam gave me hand-made hippy skirt that I am wearing in the pic... which has to be my most favorite piece of clothing ever.

So all and all, it was a wonderful birthday, and Cam spoiled me sufficiently. The party went really well and we drank a lot of margaritas. Kim made chocolate cake and I feel like I'm 10 again, sneaking off to the fridge for another piece with a glass of milk. The best snack in the world. Thanks to everyone for your cards, wishes and/or cash! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Glad you had such a good birthday. Now, THIS weekend is the big event!! Yea for the two of you!!

     
  2. The next time your birthday falls on a Friday is in 2012.