For Those who Missed it....

Despite the fact that we missed out on a medal this year, the Rose Festival on the Willamette River was a blast. In this hastily put together video, Team Fusion qualifies (barely) in the first race for the Semi-Finals. The team works on their technique and focuses for the upcoming race which would ultimately put them in the Finals. I was in the first heat and therefore was not chosen for the next one, which gave me a chance to make this short documentary. I'm sure you can get a sense of the mood the team shared despite the tension that loomed in our bones.



I am happy to have educated those who showed up to see a few races. Although I still feel quite new to the sport, I have developed pride in it and its no contest that we definitely look cool out there. And I was thrilled to be able to use our sweet new camera to capture this gloomy but high driven Sunday, June 10th.

2 comments:

  1. Team Fusion Rocks!!! Thanks for sharing the video. What a great opportunity to be part of something so exciting... Cheers to all!!!

     
  2. What a great weekend! Thanks for sharing and teaching me about the races. Team Fusion is a great group of people. Rain and cold didn't stop anyone from having a awesome time!