Bike town!


I don't think I've told you yet just how ridiculously good Portland is for bike riding... the place is literally criss-crossed with bike lanes which can take you just about anywhere. I ride my bike almost every day and love how much fitter I am feeling already. There's a big hill from the city to our neighbourhood which absolutely killed me the first time I attempted to climb it... I went that way again a couple of days ago and cruised pretty easily all the way up. I have one of those dinky little bike computers now, so I know I'm doing about 8 to 9 miles (13 to 15km) each day, and I have reached a maximum speed of a whopping 47.4 mph (76 km/h!!) when I was coming down from the top of Rocky Butte... that's some hill!

So here's a picture of me in full bike-riding mode, sitting on the lower deck of the Steel Bridge as we waited for it to close after letting a big ship through... got the gloves and everything! :-)

0 comments: