W+K Seeking: my entry

Okay, entries for Wieden + Kennedy's "Seeking" have officially closed for the year - the page on their website now just thanks everyone for their entry and then lists all 6000-odd names, complete with the exact date and time they were submitted. I feel sorry for those who enrolled on the 14th of January... one day to come up with something exciting and creative couldn't have been easy!

So, as promised, here's my entry (PDF, 2.8MB). Thanks to my web stats, I know that I have had heaps of visitors to this blog who have searched for "wk seeking" or some variant thereof over the last month... looking for inspiration, perhaps?

Anyway, I'm really happy with mine. I set myself the challenge of telling my story and showing my creativity without showing one single piece of design work that I've done for any previous client or agency. The drawings were all done in pencil on tracing paper, scanned into the computer, cleaned up and converted to bitmap. This allowed me freedom to experiment with colours and placement and had the added bonus of keeping my file size small... my 2.8MB file easily beat the 6MB limit set by W+K. All the photographs (with the exception of the wedding shots) were taken by me.

If you do come here and look at my PDF, I'd love to hear what you think of it in the comments section.

But I haven't been resting on my laurels: I sent my résumé and portfolio out to four Portland agencies yesterday, and I've also teed up a lunch meeting with my cousin who works in the industry here in Portland... it's time to get to work!

5 comments:

  1. Quite a good application, I must say! You got a pretty good sense of humour! The wedding theme had me cracked up! "Alien" indeed. IMHO, you've a pretty good chance.

    It's frustrating that the results will be out on Feb 15. I'm being driven up the wall with waiting. Hope the wait will make everything sweeter one day.

     
  2. your entry is good. your wedding looked awesome. your photography is stunning. and I am still seeking.

    care to help:

    iamseeking4seeking.com

     
  3. Hey Cameron,

    I really liked your submission. Your story is fantastic, very romantic. I'm not totally sure what they are looking for however I think they are seeking graphics people and writers.

    I also posted my submission, I don't think it's nearly as clean or as well designed as yours.

    You can see it at.
    http://www.mohdi.com/2007/12/31/wk-final/

    Maybe I'll see you around town.

    Drew

     
  4. From a fellow SydneySider, nice job and good luck mate. I wonder how many Aussies got in

     
  5. Hi, I really enjoy your submission for WK seeking, the wedding pictures are brilliant!!!

    no response to me, but I´ll like to share my submission too.

    is at

    www.danielopezamora.com/aday

    Chao