US Consulate Interview date set!

D-Day is Friday, 27th April at 8:00am. All things being well, I should have my K-1 Fiance Visa in my hot little hands on the next business day (Monday, 30th April). Cross everything for me!

Now that things are almost done, now that there is a tangible feeling to this whole saga, I think both Christine and I are becoming impatient. She vocalises it a lot more than me, but I feel exactly the same way. I just want to be on my way, but even now things get thrown in our path...

Take, for example, shipping my belongings over to the States. Christine asked why I couldn't do that now, and I didn't really know (apart from not wanting to jinx the interview)... so I went and looked it up on the internet. And what's the first thing they ask you for?

A valid Visa for entering the country you want to move to.

So, like it or not, not a lot can happen until that tiny scrap of paper is issued to me at the end of this month. It's maddeningly frustrating, but we've made it this far!

0 comments: