Now I know how closure feels!

When my previous wife (Sian) and I separated, I somehow managed to keep hearing about her life. I didn't want to, it just seemed to keep happening. And every time I heard a new little snippet about her post-me life, I would feel the blood begin to rush to my head, and I'd get flustered and red, furious, angry, sad and bitter all at the same time.

So it was very interesting today when I was having lunch with Sian's brother Cecil and his partner, Krithia... For on their fridge was pinned an invitation for Sian's wedding, which had happened just a few weeks previously. But far from feeling these horrible emotions that I have felt before, I basically burst into a great big grin: I simply didn't care what she did with her life anymore. I didn't say anything about it to Cecil and Krithia - there was no need to - but I just felt completely at ease and relaxed about this turn of events. With this, I truly know that I have left this part of my life behind and am ready to venture forwards with Christine.

It's just funny that this closure comes just as my Visa application process is coming to an end - talk about timing!

(I still can't stop smiling!)

0 comments: