I quit my job

Its a bit disheartening to walk out of a job you've attended and thrown yourself into for the last few years without much hurrah. No cake, no flowers but then again, this is life. A couple hugs were had and then I headed out the back door. Sometimes I expect so much as I was always the one to be obsessed with buying cupcakes for someones birthday or celebrating someones long standing employment with a big signed banner. I know that I held an important role and the knowledge and repore I have gained from the company is rich and memorable history now. I'm really happy its been had and done.

Cam and I headed over to Babies R' Us which I thought would be a fun activity to jump start our new upcoming life. He had been given a cute surprise baby shower at his workplace and his adorable workmates had stocked him up on clothes, toys and a carrying backpack that we already had a duplicate of! They are pricey items, the backpacks, and Cam was very apologetic that we already owned one but promised he would swap it with something just as fun.
So at the Babies, we browsed around but soon fell into an overwhelmed state. The amount of plastic and cheaply made overpriced goods dragged my spirit down and eventually walked out of the store with nothing. Rampant consumerism is something that most of the time I can get quite excited about but when you boil down to the nuts and bolts of what I need to raise a tiny human, I don't need a lot. Over time, he will collect a lot of things but as of right now, he can already count himself very lucky with all the amazing stuff we have.
I am just ready to mother. I've been done preparing for a long time. When I think of the 180 my life will take to do this, I get ecstatic. I consider this venture the most extreme I have ever tried and am determined to be the best at it. I still have never changed a diaper and I was never a good babysitter but this is a game I'll win and will do it with ease.
7 days left!

2 comments:

  1. I love your excitement and enthusiasm, Christine, and it will contribute to you being a great mother. The waiting is tough, but it will all be so worth it.

    I totally understand about the last day of work disappointments. Last year on my last day my boss did manage to get a small cake but then she couldn't be there. In fact, no one was there. I understand that being a hospital, they couldn't just up and leave their posts for cake, but I sat in the break room alone with a cake trying not to cry. It was terrible!

     
  2. Even with a farewell there is a sense of almost emptiness as a phase of life moves cogs and changes. I guess we have no template of what it should be, how we should feel, how others should act.
    So closure there and a huge anticipation of what is to come. Courage,my brave daughter, the world tilts on its axis for you.