Broken Down Into Days

So, let's look at some numbers relating to my immigration, shall we?

• Total days resident in the USA: 215
• Number of days married: 148
• Days for I-485 to be processed: 142 (and still counting)
• Days from I-485 submission to biometrics scan: 82
• Days from I-485 submission to interview (18th Dec): 144
• Days for original I-765 (based on K-1 Visa) to be denied: 125
• Days for second I-765 (based on I-485) to be approved: 57!!

It's worth noting that – based on advice given to me by the local Portland USCIS office – I asked (well, begged might be a better word!) USCIS for expedited service on my second I-765. I was told that there were no guarantees that anything would be done quicker, but based on the numbers above, maybe something was. Either that, or the July peak period was over and the Nebraska office was just able to approve things more efficiently.

0 comments: