At last!!!! I-765 Employment Authorisation Approved!!!

I've actually known this was coming for a couple of days now, as I checked my case status online with the USCIS on Thursday, but I wanted to wait until the EAD was actually in my hands before I announced it to the world. Too much has gone wrong with this stuff up to now to prematurely jinx things!

So basically, the USCIS has approved my I-765, which is simply a temporary authorisation to seek employment while my I-485 (Green Card) is being processed. Because of my misfortunes - originally applying for an I-765 under the auspices of my K-1 Fiance Visa and being denied because that Visa expired after 90 days - the whole process has taken much longer than it should have, but I have it safe in my hands now! Words can't even begin to describe how happy I am. And we also have our initial I-485 interview next Tuesday - together, these two events may make the best Christmas present I could have asked for.

So now on Monday, I can head out and finally get myself a Social Security number, that all-important set of digits that rule most Americans' lives... and then I can FINALLY start looking for a job!

0 comments: