33 weeks


Yep. I'm almost done! I kinda don't know how I got here so fast. This summer has breezed by, like summers always do. Only this time, I have gone to far less festivals and bars and it's still been a blast. I can feel the lull now though. The cumbersome third trimester is taking its toll. I can feel the extra weight pulling me down and the whining and self pity going up. Cam and I laugh about it as I am not in denial about this. I work all day on my feet and want nothing more than to just go to bed when I get home. Food is still an issue and I find myself avoiding meal times; able to eat a carrot here or a yogurt there. Its a struggle to put away the proper amount of calories as I just don't feel I have the room. I'm trying though, don't you worry.

Ryden is roaming more and more every day. Despite my lack of mass nutrition, I can feel him growing larger and stronger. Cam and I have desperately tried capturing the alien movements made just underneath the skin on film to no prevail. Regardless, he is getting more and more attention. The bigger I get, the nicer of folk I deal with at work. I'm not sure how pregnant women get such a bad rap in the third trimester for being so moody and bitter. I am overly bubbly for my condition. For the record, not a single stranger has tried touching my belly and I'm kinda disappointed.

We feel unbelievably well prepared for Rydens arrival. He has a beautiful nursery, a name, insurance coverage, two passports in the making, two parents bursting with love and a birth plan. Coming home seems like a brick wall of boredom now. Working on the house or Ry's room has come to a halt as we are now happy in the space we are living. You cannot create personality in a space. It is something that develops over time. So thats all we have to wait for now.
Speaking of birth plans, what a perfect example of an American absurdity. Since everything needs to be planned and perfect for the precious moment, lets make sure that our doctor knows that we want to be in a specific space with specific people with specific music playing on our favorite speakers and our professional photographer present and our car to be valet parked on arrival. I guarantee any birth plan ever made has been disregarded the moment of the water breaking. Its a game of survival from there on out. You'll be lucky if you get to the right hospital not to mention the right doctor being there. Sorry to be the cynic but I'm looking forward to the spin of adrenaline and avoiding death in the delivery room. Thats my birth plan. To squeeze out a baby and get to keep it.

This weekend is fun preggy pampering time! I'll be trying out how a pregnant massage is done and then getting my belly hennaed to look pretty for the baby shower next weekend! Should be a nice relaxing time where I can just concentrate on all things ME. Don't get me wrong, I love solving people's problems all day long, I just think I need to be milking the preg thing a bit further. Women seem to coo over a pregnancy stating that "boys love their mommas!" quite consistently whereas guys are just really proud that you're actually pregnant after asking "so when are you due?" and wiping away a bead of sweat. What can I say, the bump is a conversation starter.


2 comments:

  1. We want piccies of the henna bump please, and of the shower so we can be there in spirit. I can't believe you are at 33 weeks, that is just so amazing.
    Lots of (gentle) hugs
    Lynn and Nick

     
  2. So glad that you are comfortable in your new living space. That makes such a difference. I can't wait to see it someday and, whenever that is, we'll get to meet your little one too. Hugs to all three of you!