5 Weeks 6 Days

I am starting this blog a bit late. But as with all situations as delicate as this, rushing is something that one needs to resist. But now, all seems "safe" enough to proceed and publicly shout "Hey look! Im not broken after all!"

My first appointment to the doctor produced these results with the ultrasound. The technician seemed disgruntled at her findings as the details are difficult to make out. I pointed this out to her and expressed, I was more than thrilled to see what she was seeing. However, I am still a bit disappointed at the quality of ultrasounds as I feel technology should have developed a bit better by now, being a futuristic year of 2010, to be able to see a 2mm speck in my uterus as clearly as if was being featured on BBCs Planet Earth. But alas, its still grainy black and white and we see a large black blob, being the yolk, with a tiny arrow (not part of the fetus unfortunately) pointing to what should be the important developing bits.


My technician didn't seem to be enjoying her job when I couldn't think of anything more exciting to do every day. No worry though, my bubbliness will see me through this, until I met up with my doctor.
She meets me in her office and looks over my chart. With an intense glare, she demands why I haven't been in in the last year for a check up on a procedure I had back in late 2008. Good question. My excuses are meager, like having no idea that she wanted me to come back for a check up. There could be complications down the road if I have any high level CIN squamous cells left in my cervix she explains. I agree, that should be made a priority for my health that this be taken care of. We make an appointment for two weeks from the day and she leaves the room. Kind of left in a shock, I leave the office wondering what I should be more concerned about: my doctor being furious at me, or me just being happy because the appointment was indeed a success. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the joys of professionals who see the world through your rose tinted glasses, NOT.
    You could come back at the doctor and say "I expected you to call me back if there were any further risks. Can you explain why you didn't?" but that might not have a positive effect on your relationship.
    Anyway, I think our grandchild looks nicely nestled in so I hope all is well.
    Hugs

     
  2. I think it's a wonderful picture!! That's the best looking zygote I've ever seen. He/she has no idea how lucky he/she is to have parents like you two. Stay well. Love you.

     
  3. Gummie Bear is beautiful. What a sweet analogy, just what it looks like. I'm getting all sentimental and a bit teary. And gummie IS lucky having you two as parents. Don't worry about the name sticking, all my fetuses were "Myrtle" until born.